Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GOD's Mercy Endures...

I am not like Job. But I want to steal his response after he saw the glory of GOD. "I had heard of YOU by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees YOU; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." Job 42:5-6 ESV. 
This is our survey of our land after the Riley Road Wildfires.

Videos and Photos of Riley Road Fire Damage
Our Metal Barn
It's STANDING with no damage!

The tire tracks are from firefighters using a pumper
truck to soak the building.  Fire burned to the edge.
PVC drain line from the building is melted.
The bare trees and ash--doesn't it look like winter with snow?
Many stumps are still smoldering.


The Old Farm House (with wood siding!)



Next to Old Farm House looking East

Front fence line
The fire burned the underbrush but left green on top.
Neighbors across the street (looking left) lost everything.






The first video is our South fence line.  Rice University owns land to the South and East of us.   Our land is burned but a little green.  Rice is burned black.  (Yes, we put out the smoking tree.)  The camera pans left (our land), front across fence (Rice), right (our land).



 The second video is my “hug a firefighter every day from now until the end of the year” tribute.  During the video, the camera pans right and you can see a corner of the old farm house.  We are driving on the fire break the firefighters built to protect the old girl.  The video ends at the hay barn. 



Please remember those who have lost everything.  We are blessed--our material things survived.  Why did ours survive and not our neighbors?  Or others in the area?  Remington Forest is a neighborhood devastated.  They share a North and West boundary with Rice.  Why is one destroyed and another spared?  I don't know.  I have no answers.

I can only end where I started.  "I had heard of YOU by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees YOU; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes." Job 42:5-6 ESV.  

No comments:

Post a Comment